Move to No BAC: Zero Tolerance For DUI
Each year, thousands of people grieve the loss of loved ones because irresponsible persons drive without waiting the hour(s) required after consuming alcoholic beverages. Alarmed at the death and injury statistics that are a result of impaired driving, private citizens and businesses are uniting to spread the word about alcohol impairment, as evidenced by the following web sites from private citizens, colleges and other forums, and businesses.
Note: Updated links are italicized. Sites that no longer publish information about the dangers of drinking and driving are deleted. NEW! indicates an added link.
- Breath-Ignition Interlock devices approved by the Washington State Patrol
- DrunkBusters and FatalVision impairment-simulation goggles for use at parties, before drinks are served; and alcohol awareness programs and fairs at shopping malls, schools, and work.
- Neon Drunk Driving Simulator a Chrysler program sponsored by MADD and other groups to tour U.S. high schools with computer-rigged vehicle that shows effects of driver impairment on driving skills
- Systems Technology, Inc. the STI Driving Simulator (STISIM) DUI driving simulator gives the participant drivers a sense of how risky it is to drive under the influence.
- Anheuser-Busch Anheuser-Busch has one position on drunk driving: We oppose it. [Editor's Note: The emphasis is on the "hardcore drunk driver". The fact that unpunished first-time offenders become these hardcore repeat offenders is ignored.]
- The Century Council (funded by America's leading distillers) - Fight Drunk Driving [Editor's Note: The emphasis is on the "hardcore drunk driver".]
- A Police Officer Stories and photos/videos of the results of impaired driving. Ricks message is important: Arrive alive. Dont drink and drive.
- A Mother "...one bad choice that affected his life and all those that love him."
SOARS1 Web Ring Support Offered for Alcohol Related Survivors
- Driver Tips Stay alert and fatigue-free. Spot a drunk driver